I’m all about helping you grow your blog based business. And since one of the core foundations of a great blog is a solid website foundation, I’ve created this super handy guide to WordPress for bloggers!
So by now you’ve probably been told that if you truly want to grow a blog based business then you should build your website on WordPress.
And in case you haven’t heard, it’s true, WordPress is still THE best place to build your blog based business. As a website designer I build all my client’s sites on WordPress.
- WordPress is reliable
- WordPress is secure (and even more so with a few tweaks)
- WordPress allows you to do anything and everything with your site
- WordPress allows easy monetization through hyper customization on your site
- WordPress based sites rank better than no SEO focused all-in-one platforms
- WordPress help and tutorials are EVERYWHERE
Which leads me to why you are here.
I talk a lot about how to set up your blog based business for success and if you’ve been opening my emails you know I highly recommend you build your website on WordPress (wordpress.org NOT wordpress.com).
Unfortunately many new bloggers start to feel overwhelmed fast. The tech language can seem foreign, the ins and outs can be overwhelming.
So in hopes of sparing you more headaches and overwhelm I pulled together a curated list of the resources I used to get a handle on WordPress.
Now take a breather and relax because this carefully chosen list includes everything from basic setup to site security. I got your back!
And don’t forget bookmark this page so you can reference it when you really need it.
Ok let’s start checking out all the amazing resources (from THE experts) to help YOU get a handle on WordPress for bloggers.
Oh, before I forget, I made you something awesome! Click to Join!
WORDPRESS FOR BLOGGERS: THE ULTIMATE LIST OF RESOURCES
- WordPress Glossary Terms for Beginners (A great little glossary for the beginner)
- How to Install WordPress with Siteground (I use and recommend Siteground*affiliate link for web hosting, if you are using Siteground this handy set of tutorials is the place to start)
- How to Install WordPress – Complete WordPress Installation Tutorial (This walks you through all other major options when it comes to installing WordPress)
- 28 Most Frequently Asked Questions by WordPress Beginners (Covers all the basics like how to install a plugin, embed a video, add a blog post, and more)
- How to Find Your WordPress Login URL (Common question)
- How to View the Mobile Version of WordPress Sites from Desktop (Handy to see what the mobile versions look like)
BUILDING OUT YOUR SITE
- 5 Ways to Check If Your Theme Is Secure to Use (Read this BEFORE picking a theme)
- How to Add a Favicon to Your WordPress Website in 3 Ways (A Favicon is that little teeny picture that pops up in the browser tab for a website, you need one, here’s how to do it)
- WordPress Plugin Conflicts: Your Ultimate Guide to Preventing Them, Identifying Them, and Resolving Them (Important, important, important)
- 24 Must Have WordPress Plugins for Business Websites in 2018 (For the record you do NOT need all of these, but they are generally the top plugins in their respective categories, making this list a good place to start)
- 7 Best WordPress Backup Plugins Compared Pros and Cons (Backups are CRITICAL)
- The Ultimate Guide to Using WordPress Headings Throughout Your Website (Not the most exciting stuff but still important)
- How to Add Web Push Notification to Your WordPress Site (great for marketing)
INTERMEDIATE TO ADVANCED TIPS
- How to Copyright Your WordPress Website (Important, but fairly easy)
- 13 Crucial WordPress Maintenance Tasks to Perform Regularly (Important stuff to keep in mind)
- 5 Best WordPress Image Compression Plugins Compared (Important for site speed and SEO)
- What Are WordPress Salt Keys (And How Can You Change Them)? (A security thing but important. Note some security plugins will do this for you)
- How to Protect Your WordPress Website from Brute Force Attacks (DO. NOT. SKIP. THIS.)
- How to Fix the 502 Bad Gateway Error in WordPress (Handy but try your host first)
- How to Fix the 504 Gateway Timeout Error in WordPress (Handy guide, again contact your host for help)
- How to Add a Chat Bot to Your WordPress Website In 3 Steps (Great overview. Recommended for sales pages)
There you have it! My handy little black book of WordPress resources for bloggers. Make sure to bookmark this list and don’t forget to checkout my other Ultimate Guides:
- The ULTIMATE Guide to Facebook Ad Resources for Growing Bloggers
- The ULTIMATE Guide to YouTube Resources for Growing Bloggers
And if you are ready to create a strategic lead magnet then sign-up for the FREE Lead Magnet Challenge, it’s 5 days of actionable info, tips, resources, and an amazing surprise bonus. Plus it’s FREEEEEEEE! Grab your spot now!
That’s it for today! Buckets of hugs!
Like it? Pin it!
Was this post helpful? If it was please pay it forward and share using the buttons below!
Thanks in advance for being awesome!